Sharon Osbourne set her house on fire.
Firefighters were called to the former America's Got Talent judge's home in Beverly Hills on Thursday (17 January) when a candle she mistakenly left burning caused a blaze while she slept.
Sharon – who is married to Ozzy Osbourne - told gossip website TMZ: "Please everybody always check all the candles lit in the house before going to bed. I didn't, and at 5am this morning I was met with five gorgeous men from the BH Fire Department as they put out the fire in my house."
On an episode of The Talk, Sharon revealed that she heard what sounded like metal hitting tile, which she assumed was her housekeeper dropping the keys.
Then, Sharon continued, "my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up something weird smelling in here, then my dogs started to bark, so I go out of the bedroom, I go downstairs and the whole living room - the candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass in the candle exploding."
"I go into the kitchen to get water and throw the water on it, with the doors open and the water it erupted! It erupted, Ozzy's hair from here to here, gone," she said. "And we are like two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do—go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on - we did it all."
The showbiz matriarch isn't the only celebrity to suffer a recent candle malfunction.
DJ Skrillex – whose real name is Sonny Moore – terrified guests at his birthday party in Los Angeles on Tuesday (15 January) when his hair caught on fire as he tried to blow out the candles on his enormous cake.
Skrillex was celebrating turning 25 and although the night nearly ended in disaster when his long locks caught fire, the cool headed DJ simply put out the fire before enjoying the cake.
Get more from iafrica.com: