Simon Cowell lives in "constant fear" of being burgled.
The 'X Factor' boss' London home was broken into by Darren February in December 2015, and the music mogul admits the incident was "very traumatic" and has caused a lot of "concern" about the safety of himself, partner Lauren Silverman, and their three-year-old son Eric.
In a victim impact statement read during February's sentencing in Isleworth Crown Court on Wednesday (01.03.17), Simon said: "The whole incident has been very traumatic and there is a constant fear that it may be repeated and that it may be worse next time.
"This incident has caused me great concerns about the security of my family.
"On reflection I am very scared of what could have happened to my son if the burglar had gone into his room.
"I could not bear to think of the consequences and also a lot would have happened if the burglar had come into our room."
And Simon - who has lived in the house for 10 years - said he, Lauren, and Eric's nannies have "become much more anxious over safety issues relating to my son's care and well-being" since the burglary.
He added: "My son was in the house that night and I am naturally very concerned over what could have happened if the burglar had entered my son's room, as any parent in the same situation would be."
February - who was jailed for eight-and-a-half years last year for
knocking down and killing a motorcyclist - has been sentenced to eight years behind bars for stealing £950,000 worth of jewellery and passports from the 57-year-old star.
The court previously heard as much as £830,000 of the property is still missing.