"Fifty Shades Darker" shot to the top of the worldwide weekend box office on its opening weekend.
According to estimates by ComScore, the second installment Universal's erotic trilogy, based on the novels by E. L. James, took in $146.9 million worldwide on the weekend ending February 12.
In second place was the animated comedy ‘The Lego Batman Movie' from Warner Bros., followed by Paramount's "xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage."
The top 10 worldwide weekend box office estimates, per data collected as of February 12, are:
1. Fifty Shades Darker - Universal - $146.9M
2. Lego Batman Movie, The - Warner Bros. - $92.6M
3. xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage - Paramount Pictures - $70.8M
4. John Wick: Chapter Two - Lionsgate - $40.6M
5. Split - Universal - $17.8M
6. La La Land - Lionsgate - $16.5M
7. Kung Fu Yoga - Multiple - $16.0M
8. Rings - Paramount Pictures - $15.4M
9. Cook Up a Storm - Multiple - $12.1M
10. Duckweed - Multiple - $11.9M